Medical Marijuana Program at Buddy’s
Buddy’s proudly serves the Washington Medical Cannabis Community each and every day. In addition to selling recreational and medical products, we are the destination for information regarding where to get a medical authorization or to get an authorization processed for a medical card. We are happy to provide our customers contact info for doctors in the area that can get you started or to have one of our knowledgeable budtenders help you purchase medical cannabis product if you already possess a medical card. See the information below on qualifying conditions, medical card processing, medical purchase limits, or to set up an appointment with one of our State Certified Cannabis Consultants.
The following information and Qualifying Conditions can be found at https://www.doh.wa.gov/YouandYourFamily/Marijuana/MedicalMarijuana/PatientInformation/QualifyingConditions
Patients with terminal or debilitating medical conditions may, under their healthcare practitioner’s care, benefit from the medical use of marijuana.
Terminal or debilitating medical condition means a condition severe enough to significantly interfere with the patient’s activities of daily living and ability to function, which can be objectively assessed and evaluated and limited to the following:
- Cancer, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), multiple sclerosis, epilepsy or other seizure disorder, or spasticity disorders.
- Intractable pain, limited for the purpose of this chapter to mean pain unrelieved by standard medical treatments and medications.
- Glaucoma, either acute or chronic, limited for the purpose of this chapter to mean increased intraocular pressure unrelieved by standard treatments and medications.
- Crohn’s disease with debilitating symptoms unrelieved by standard treatments or medications.
- Hepatitis C with debilitating nausea or intractable pain unrelieved by standard treatments or medications.
- Diseases, including anorexia, which result in nausea, vomiting, wasting, appetite loss, cramping, seizures, muscle spasms, or spasticity, when these symptoms are unrelieved by standard treatments or medications.
- Chronic renal failure requiring hemodialysis.
- Posttraumatic stress disorder.
- Traumatic brain injury.”
After visiting a doctor and retrieving a Medical Marijuana Authorization Form, stop into Buddy’s to speak with a State Certified Medical Cannabis Consultant about getting your Medical Card. Having your information reviewed and entered into the Department of Health’s Medical Database affords the medical patient the following benefits:
- Purchase products at the medically endorsed retail stores sales and use tax free.
- Purchase up to three times the current limits at licensed retail stores with a medical marijuana endorsement.
- Purchase high-THC products–when available.
- Possess six plants and eight ounces of usable marijuana. A healthcare practitioner may authorize additional plants to a maximum of 15; a patient so authorized may possess up to 16 ounces of usable marijuana produced from their plants (see RCW 69.51A.210).
- Participate in a medical marijuana cooperative(see RCW 69.51A.250).
- Have arrest protection (see RCW 69.51A.040).
- Purchase immature plants, clones and seeds from a state licensed producer (see RCW 69.51A.310)” Source: https://www.doh.wa.gov/YouandYourFamily/Marijuana/MedicalMarijuana/AuthorizationDatabase
Click on a time slot below to set an appointment with our team now.
It is a 30 minute time slot for obtaining the medical card.
The cost for processing a medical card per the Washington Department of Health will be $1.00.
All Buddy’s Budtenders are trained to verify medical cards and ring out medical sales. We pride ourselves on being one of the only Medically Endorsed stores in the area and look forward to your next visit.